13 August 2010

Crash

When the first plate smashed to the floor with a resounding crash it felt good. So I slowly picked up one plate after the other and smashed them all to the floor. There were some glasses. I smashed those too. I didn't scream or shout. The noise created by the destruction of china was enough to raise hell itself. It was strangely calming. Then, I stepped over the shards and decided to go to bed.
There were people saying something but I was drunk out of my wits to care. Someone grabbed my arm and I pushed them away. Hard. I wanted to fall. And I wanted to never get up. I wanted to do something so drastic it'd make me forget that bone deep love which you can't because it's bone deep.
I stared resentfully at no one in particular and when someone told me to lie down, I did quietly. I was hoping I'd sleep. Sleep didn't come. Visions did. I hated myself then. I hate drunk people. I hate all drunk people. It has always been so easy to hate. To hate yourself and everything you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment