16 July 2010

Romantic at Heart


To Alex.
You're so far away. And I never told you. I never told you that I cared. That you mattered. That you made me smile and still do. I never told you that those roses I left in a lonely bush on my way home from school were the most beautiful flowers I have ever received. I never told you that I was scared that it would go away. That perhaps you'd finally see me properly and realise something I never wanted you to. I never told you that you made me happy. And now, when you sit oceans away and cultures apart, now when I know that we will never meet, I feel that you should know what I never told you. I never told you that I think I always loved you too.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had the guts and the sheer audacity to open up when I really should have. I wish we had more time, I wish that so many things had been different. I wish we weren't bound by physical constraints such as time and distance. Most of all though, I wish I could be with you right at this instant. To tell you that some feelings never truly die. They linger in the corners of your soul waiting for a wind strong enough to draw them out onto the surface where they shine with a fire that grows stronger every passing second. This kind of fire is capable of making even the most rational minds succumb to impulse, capable of wreaking unthinkable havoc in the still waters of contemplation.

    To hell with metaphor and style. I miss you, badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have no business commenting on this blog or maybe I do because I believe i was the one who clicked that picture. But this blog broke even my heart a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kritika!! it's your goddamn business to comment on everything i write loser!! mwah! and i know...! prague seems like another life time altogether... :(

    ReplyDelete