17 August 2010

Over and Over

ONCE
I inhale a new scent. The fingers are longer and tapered at the ends... Entwined with mine they look strangely new. There are fireworks and smiles and gasps and cries. There is ecstasy and pain and caresses. There is light outside and yet we remain in the dark. Breathing. The room is filled with the smell of smoke, fear and pain. Take care, he said. I will, said I. I am careful to close the door gently on the way out.
____________________________________________________________
AGAIN
There are children playing in the courtyard below . The sky looks like rain. There are swarms of dragonflies in the air and higher up, the eagles. I watch him smile. I want him to smile again. To speak and to laugh again. I watch him drink the tea I've made. As always it's too sweet. As always he drinks it anyway. I begin to let myself feel. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment