21 August 2008

Confessions of an Idiot

I was told that anything was possible. My brain turned it around and decided that nothing was impossible. So, I spread my imaginary wings and tried to fly. Obviously, I was doomed. When I leaped off the roof I felt my heart soar. Unfortunately that was the only part of my body that did. As I began to plummet I prayed for a safe landing but it didn't happen. God was busy elsewhere probably helping those who help themselves. So I ended up breaking a leg and it didn't feel all that lucky.
Good things happen to good people, maybe that's where we all go wrong. What if in this universe the evil ones are actually what the concept of good is? So, we proudly embark upon missions of a philanthropic nature but I think we should just all be helping ourselves because "God helps those who help themselves." Of course it's just a saying but why isnt it phrased differently? Why not "help others and God will help you"?
I have a bone to pick with all the non-idiots about this and other things. I'm waiting for the day when I'll get the chance to state a few aspects of my skeptic curiousty and not be written off as an idiot.
I've been told to believe in myself. What we need is belief in others. Individual beliefs are no good. The day it becomes universal I might just be able to fly... and the beliefs of all the idiots and non-idiots combined will be the feathers of my wings and keep me buoyant in the air currents.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I've thought on similar lines myself.If people just spent the time they spend 'helping' others (while actually screwing things up for them) in helping themselves,the gears of the world would rust less often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where great minds go wrong. You and I agree and at the same time have different perspectives. Our approaches are different. That is probably why thinkers greater than ourselves leave stuff at status quo.

    ReplyDelete