18 August 2008

Laboured Dreams

Is it necessary for a person to have dreams? Is it so vital to our existence that we must hold onto something intangible to be able to achieve the zenith of the heights that we create for ourselves? What if someone had kept telling us from the moment we could make coherent sense out of language that dreams are just futile thoughts whose base is desire that will eventually bog us down into mediocrity?

Is it so necessary to know what to want and how to go about getting it? Why can't I be told that even if I don't begin to worship a thought or a castle in the air I will still be able to attain what I imagine I deserve?

It's difficult living up to expectations that you never got a chance to create. It's like you came into this world and forces were ready to mould your thoughts and beliefs towards a set direction. Without a dream you were supposed to feel like a fallen leaf from a tree in autumn whose fate hinges upon whimsical gusts of wind.

Why isn't it ok to be clueless and unsure? I feel stifled and foolish. I can't explain the wind's path and yet if I can't seem to be able to predict it then I am nothing but a useless leaf fallen from a tree simply because that's the natural order of things. I wish dreams were the stuff that guts are made of. Not like silly wisps of smoke that vanish the moment it's time to battle with the demons of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment