01 August 2011

Turn Back Time

"One day you will meet someone and fall in love"

What does that even mean? Best friends will say it after every failed relationship and even if there never have been. It's a huge deal. For me. For them. For everyone. Every single person.
No one ever bothers telling you what happens afterwards. Does life become better? Are you happier? It's a state of mind. And ultimately you are kidding yourself. You will never register it. Except when it is over. And then it will be all that you think about.

Like the rivers that cannot flow backwards...
Like those people that are nowhere to be found...
Like the cold sun that refuses to shine...
Like those seasons which pass on by...
If ever there was a moment I do not think I know.
I have a memory
But I seem to forget...
Perhaps I have left it lying with dried flowers
In the pages of an old book.
Perhaps it meanders on
And meeting people on the way
Tells them my story:
The one that everyone knows.
The one that I have forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment