18 December 2008

Think Think

When I was small I was reprimanded for being thoughtless. I was counseled to think twice before taking steps or saying things and was overall discarded as a child without the potential to think things through. Things have changed now. Somehow. Now I think too much. And that's a bad thing too. My inability to let things be and to take things as they come is proving to be quite a hindrance in me being able to maintain some semblance of mental peace. In fact this inability is making me think a lot more!
It's stupid. I can't remember the last time I was sure.

1 comment:

  1. A fanTAStic Neruda poem. I wonder if it is about his mother, who died soon after giving birth to him, or one of his lovers...

    If you really like Neruda, check out Red Poppy at www.redpoppy.net. It's a non-profit set up to create a documentary about Neruda, publish his biography, and translate his works into English.

    ReplyDelete