20 September 2008

The Battle

A couple of them are sulking in the corner. I try not to be distracted because I'm too busy battling it out with those that are around. There are silver swords made of tears gleaming in the moonlight and they slash right, left and centre. I hop around and try to quieten those that are silently screaming at me with faceless voices. I understand. That is probably why the fight I'm putting up hardly has any heart in it.

Either I was stupid to throw them down the well in the first place, or the stupidity has just begun. There was no need to come down looking for them but a few hours ago that's what I was doing; travelling down the dark cylindrical walls of a well in a rusty metal bucket that hadn't been used in ages.

A few years ago, when I threw them in, they drowned without a splash and it was a clean death. Now, I am wading in murky waters with an algae eating turtle swimming dolefully around. I have to win it. I have to make them come back up to the surface with me because if I don't then we will all die at the bottom of this well in anonimity. They don't want me to win, but if I don't, they will never forgive me for it...

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!You're gifted indeed.Join the X-Men ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. algae eating turtle swimming dolefully? how dare you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ma most impressed. The language, ur expressions, and above all the fuidity of thoughts... all are poetic. One can not be static and poetic. poet-icism demands morbidity and a very high sense of suffering. You seem to have both. Just dont let ie over power you. Train your mind and that will train the thoughts and actions. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete