14 May 2008

Fathom

He wanted to know why he was so restless and moody. He wanted to know why I was the same but different. Things bogged him down. Things spurred me on. As I looked at his face I realised that mine reflected in his eyes wasn't carrying that same expression. Time lay heavy upon his countenance whereas my aura looked like a water fairy trying to catch wisps of it to entwine in it's hair. Neither one of us had calm.
Inside, I had this fire which roared at all times and needed to be fed to maintain it's fierceness, it's fieryness. His insides were like a lake, deep and clear, into which everything sank without a trace.
I now understand. It is like air and water. Air bubbles in the water always pop. They sink without a trace. And in it's wrath, Fire evaporates.

No comments:

Post a Comment